The kitchen is one of the most used areas of the home, so it’s no doubt that the kitchen is one of the main contributors to your electricity bill. Therefore, making your kitchen more energy efficient is the perfect solution to decreasing your electricity bills while also being more eco-friendly. You could also use financing for making your home more energy efficient via PACE Financing.
Learn more about PACE Financing on our blog: What’s Covered By PACE Financing If you’re interested in learning about how you can make your kitchen energy efficient, keep on reading!
Easy, Quick Fixes
Making your kitchen more energy efficient doesn’t have to be complicated. Making the following quick fixes in your kitchen can make a difference in your energy usage.
- Energy efficient light bulbs: Kitchen lights are usually used much more compared to light fixtures in other areas of the home. Energy efficient light bulbs use about 75% less energy than traditional light bulbs, and they can be used in a variety of light fixtures. They can be used for under the cabinet lighting, recessed lighting features, and more!
- Use glass/ceramic dishes in the oven: Did you know that using glass or ceramic dishes while baking in your oven can save energy? That’s right! When using glass or ceramic dishes when baking, you can turn the temperature down about 25 degrees, and your food will cook just as fast as using other dishes!
Break These Habits…
Some habits that you’re used to doing in the kitchen may actually be the cause of spending more money on your energy bills than you need to.
- Use the correct burner size: Match the size of the pan you’re using to the burner size. If you’re using a small pan on a large burner, you’re wasting more energy to heat up the larger burner when it’s completely unnecessary.
- Close your oven door: Opening your oven to check on your food can decrease the temperature in your oven up to 25 degrees! Rather than taking frequent peaks at your food, wait until it’s ready to be removed to prevent wasted energy.
- Unplug your appliances: Even if they’re not in use, kitchen appliances such as your blender, toaster, and coffee machine are still using up energy! Save energy by only keeping them plugged in when you need to use them.
- Energy Efficient Appliances: Energy efficient appliances can make a significant difference in your kitchen’s energy efficiency. When remodeling your kitchen, Onsite Construction can create the perfect kitchen for you that consists of energy efficient appliances to help you save as much as possible on your energy bills.
Our professional contracting company serves all over Tampa, Saint Petersburg, Clearwater, Brandon, Wesley Chapel, Riverview, Gibsonton, Apollo Beach, and Palm Harbor to make your kitchen energy efficient. Setting up an appointment to meet a contractor near you is easy. You can fill out our contact form, here, or call our office at 813-579-5789
Ready to make your kitchen more energy efficient?
When you choose Onsite Construction for your project, we will exceed your expectations. Our general contractor has over 14 years of experience working on both residential and commercial projects.We specialize in custom home builds, full home renovations, room additions, commercial tenant improvements, commercial build outs and renovations, and more! We are also state-licensed and insured.Materials used in your project will come from high-quality, local suppliers, and our project managers will provide professional and clear communication.Ready to schedule your consultation? Contact us at 813-579-5789 / firstname.lastname@example.org